Sunday, February 28, 2010

What To Do...

So, here I am, sitting on my couch back in the United States after my internship in Italy failed. What a disappointment! I was supposed to be there for 6 months, working and exploring Italy on my days off. However, nothing ever works how it is supposed to when it comes to my life. It's true. The story of my life - ups and downs of my dreams and their failures.

Don't get me wrong, my week in Italy was amazing until I learned that my internship was not what it was supposed to be! I explored Rome, Siena, Naples, Pompeii and Sorrento in that short time and really covered a lot of ground!

The past two days that I have been home have been insane! There was a hand grenade dropped on the I-5 freeway in my hometown of San Clemente, CA and yesterday the earthquake in Chile had created a Tsunami Advisory for my town! Something tells me that I am not supposed to be here. As much as I love this quaint beach town, I am needing change. I am ready to move back to Colorado and finish my last semester in school, graduate and hopefully find a decent job.

I haven't been able to drag myself out of the house after having such a huge let down in Italy. I went to dinner last night with my mom and my sister Caila at 9 Style Sushi which is just up the street from my mother's house - oh, did I mention, I am now without a place to live or a job since I gave up everything for my Italy internship? And today, it was hard to force myself to get up and shower. It is rather pathetic I know, but I was so excited for this. I thought living and working in Italy was going to change my life.

Like I said before, I'm looking for change...

No comments:

Post a Comment